All About Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally a New Forum Expereince. Uncensored topics, no board drama, no bad attitudes and free from any associations. We're just a group of friends who want to be free to speak our mind & talk about whatever we want without having to deal with all the BS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellataz
Admin
Hellataz

Female Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine   Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 7:12 pm

Read here (too long to post)

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2008/personoftheyear/article/0,31682,1861543_1865068,00.html?iid=tsmodule

also a story and some pics from his college years...

Chance Encounter

In 1980, when Obama was a freshman at Occidental College in Los Angeles, he was approached by an aspiring photographer named Lisa Jack, who asked him if he would be willing to pose for some black and white photographs that she could use in her portfolio. Of her first meeting (in a campus eatery) with Obama, Jack remembers only that "He was really cute. But what else does a 20-year-old girl remember? "In the photos, Jack says, "You can see he is just posing, initially, but as the shoot goes on, he starts to come out," Jack said. "He was very charismatic even then." Jack never realized her dream of becoming a photographer and is now a psychologist. Jack and Obama would see each other only a few more times while students. But in 2005, while on a tour, she spotted Obama on Capitol Hill and yelled hello. "He knew exactly who I was after all this time," Jack says. "I was amazed." On a dare from a skeptical friend, Jack decided to track down her negatives from the shoot. Initially, before she dug the film out from her basement, Jack never thought her pictures would have much life beyond her own darkroom. When she found them, the images of Obama "blew me away," she says. "I had no idea I'd taken a whole roll of film." For a while, Jack put the negatives in a safety-deposit box, so that they could not be used until after the election, when there would be no chance they could be used for a political purpose. Today, Jack says, she hopes the photos reveal a "spirit of fun and thoughtfulness." "I'm not political," Jack says, "(But) these are historic photos and they should be shared."

Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine Obama_youth_01

Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine Obama_youth_02
Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine Obama_youth_03
Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine Obama_youth_04
Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine Obama_youth_05
Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine Obama_youth_06
Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine Obama_youth_07
Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine Obama_youth_08
Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine Obama_youth_09
Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine Obama_youth_10
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hellataz
Val
♪♫ I am a fever,I ain't born typical♪♫
Val

Female Number of posts : 1497
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine   Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:16 am

Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine Paris01
Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine 671722
Back to top Go down

Obama named Person of the year by Time Magazine
Page 1 of 1