All About Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally a New Forum Expereince. Uncensored topics, no board drama, no bad attitudes and free from any associations. We're just a group of friends who want to be free to speak our mind & talk about whatever we want without having to deal with all the BS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I yeild to facebook

Go down 
+2
Patti
Hellataz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellataz
Admin
Hellataz

Female Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-11-30

I yeild to facebook Empty
PostSubject: I yeild to facebook   I yeild to facebook Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 3:38 am

So I've been opposed to facebook for a while. Frankly it's boring and lacks the ability for me to jazz it up to my liking. I'm a visual person and require the canvas to express that. Facebook does not satisfy my requirements.

However...I keep getting friend requests on facebook (i did join a while back, not sure why) and have gotten the impression that more and more people are moving over to this in lea of Myspace. So I gave in and have begun trying to embrace facebook (though i will remain devoted to my mysace page).

So can anyone give me the facebook basic, tips, apps that are fun, explanations as to what exactly is the appeal over myspace? Anything?

I've visited a few of your pages that I am friends with already and found a few fun apps. (I really like Flair, i think that was from Cha's page). But I was looking for other apps to jazz up the "WALL"

I also wonder if it's possible to add color or change the color theme of the page, I found an app colored "Expressions" but i can't seem to get it to work.

So let me know, all you facebookers...show me the light that has dragged you to this sterile, lifeless social network so that i may enjoy it as you do.

I yeild to facebook 830392
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hellataz
Patti
~~ I wanna rock with you all night ~~
Patti

Female Number of posts : 482

PostSubject: Re: I yeild to facebook   I yeild to facebook Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 4:16 am

HAHA TAZ I'M WITH YOU I JUST DON'T GET IT....NOTHING THERE FOR ME....

PATTI
I yeild to facebook 543677
Back to top Go down
ZitoFan86

ZitoFan86

Female Number of posts : 1028

PostSubject: Re: I yeild to facebook   I yeild to facebook Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:40 am

I prefer myspace over facebook., But I joined facebook a while back just for that reason. It seems like everyone is moving over,
Back to top Go down
Val
♪♫ I am a fever,I ain't born typical♪♫
Val

Female Number of posts : 1497

PostSubject: Re: I yeild to facebook   I yeild to facebook Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm

Facebook is 2 confusing to me. I have a page there but I never log onto it.
Back to top Go down
ChaisBlessed

ChaisBlessed

Female Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: I yeild to facebook   I yeild to facebook Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:21 pm

OK I HAVE HAD A FACEBOOK SINCE 2006 BUT ONLY LOGGED ON EVERY NOW AND THEN...AND RECENTLY GOT BACK INTO B/C I HAVE FRIENDS WHO LOVE IT AND HAVE FOUND SOME LONG LOST FRIENDS THAT I HAD LOST CONTACT WITH YEARS AGO..I LIKE IT B/C U CAN COMMENT ON PEOPLES STATUS AND COMMENT THEM BACK...I ALSO LIKE THE WALL TO WALL COMMENT THING IT LETS U HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH ONE PERSON INSTEAD OF THE LONG COMMENTS THING ON MY SPACE ANYHOO I WILL KEEP UP WITH BOTH OR AT LEAST WILL TRY..HEHE AS FAR AS APPS TAZ I JUST LOG ON AND LEARN I AS I GO TYPE THING NOT SURE I REALLY NOW WHAT IM DOING EITHER LOL, OH U DO KNOW THAT U CAN HIT THE BOX TAB ON UR PROFILE AND ADD STUFF TO UR PAGE THAT WAY BUT NOT SURE ABOUT THE COLOR THING U WERE TALKING ABOUT, U CAN ADD A SKIN TO UR TOP FRIENDS THING IS ALL I KNOW..OK GOTTA GET THE KIDS OFF TO SCHOOL..MUAH
Back to top Go down
Val
Val

PostSubject: Re: I yeild to facebook   I yeild to facebook Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:40 pm

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
DOWN WITH FACE, UP WITH SPACE!!!!
I yeild to facebook 58671
I JUST MADE THAT UP ...
::::PATS SELF ON BACK::::
I yeild to facebook 671722
Back to top Go down
Hellataz
Admin
Hellataz

PostSubject: Re: I yeild to facebook   I yeild to facebook Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:16 pm

LOL that deserves a I yeild to facebook 671722 VAL! Great slogan!
Back to top Go down
Val
Val

PostSubject: Re: I yeild to facebook   I yeild to facebook Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:10 pm

I yeild to facebook 671722 hahaha
I yeild to facebook 206448
Back to top Go down
lbeyers05

lbeyers05

Female Number of posts : 77

PostSubject: Re: I yeild to facebook   I yeild to facebook Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 pm

lol that was pretty good val, i have to agree.

I use both but like myspace better.
Back to top Go down
ZitoFan86

ZitoFan86

Female Number of posts : 1028

PostSubject: Re: I yeild to facebook   I yeild to facebook Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:12 am

Val wrote:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
DOWN WITH FACE, UP WITH SPACE!!!!
I yeild to facebook 58671
I JUST MADE THAT UP ...
::::PATS SELF ON BACK::::
I yeild to facebook 671722

Copyright that. LOL
Back to top Go down
Hellataz
Admin
Hellataz

PostSubject: Re: I yeild to facebook   I yeild to facebook Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 1:43 pm

New Facebook controversy has emerged.

Recently Facebook has re worded their terms of services which now states that all of the content you’ve ever uploaded on Facebook can be used, modified or even sublicensed by Facebook in every possible way - even if you quit the service.

Here's a link to the story:
http://mashable.com/2009/02/16/facebook-tos-privacy/

Also a link to an interesting page that breaks down more of facebook's TOS, in terms of what i means for your personal use, copyrights, registration, application warnings and privacy.

This includes revealing info on:

Your content
• "In plain English, this means you’re giving up copyright control of your material. If you upload a photo to Facebook, they can sell copies of it without paying you a cent. If you write lengthy notes (or import your blog posts!), Facebook can turn them into a book, sell a million copies, and pay you nothing. This deserves careful consideration!"

Applications you install
• "In other words, “installer beware.” A malicious application developer could break through Facebook’s security protocols and expose your info. That would probably be difficult to do, but Facebook wouldn’t have to take the blame."

Your ability to sue them
•"Suffice it to say, you probably won’t have a day in court with Facebook. If you did, it would be in California (required by the TOS), and the court would follow Delaware’s laws. That’s typical lawyering. "

Personal Submissions and ideas
• "This is probably typical of a large company. But you might not send them your latest award-winning idea. If you have something really great, keep it under wraps. Heck, maybe come up with a formal business proposal and some way to skirt this legal term."

and Privacy
• I’d think twice before posting really private things on Facebook. From their Privacy Policy:

Quote :
[W]e cannot and do not guarantee that User Content you post on the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.

• "If somebody hacks Facebook, steals all your content and contact info, then does something nefarious with it, you have no remedy against Facebook. The hacker would definitely be in trouble, but Facebook is the deep-pocketed corporation.
Besides, Facebook’s own third-party contractors might misuse your information:

Quote :
We may provide information to service providers to help us bring you the services we offer. … Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the Facebook-specified purposes.

But most importantly, Facebook doesn’t guarantee your privacy:

Quote :
Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in your profile or when posting comments, messages, photos, videos, Marketplace listings or other items , this information may become publicly available.

If a company laptop is compromised, and all your personal data gets stolen, tough luck. You were warned."

Read the rest here:

http://www.legalandrew.com/2007/07/21/facebook-and-the-law-8-things-to-know/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I yeild to facebook   I yeild to facebook Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I yeild to facebook
Page 1 of 1