All About Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally a New Forum Expereince. Uncensored topics, no board drama, no bad attitudes and free from any associations. We're just a group of friends who want to be free to speak our mind & talk about whatever we want without having to deal with all the BS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obama takes more questions from kids

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellataz
Admin
Hellataz

Female Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Obama takes more questions from kids Empty
PostSubject: Obama takes more questions from kids   Obama takes more questions from kids Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:42 am

http://www.politico.com/blogs/michaelcalderone/1208/Obama_takes_more_questions_from_kids_.html

Following today's press conference, Obama met for 15 minutes with a group of first to fourth graders, according to a pool report from The NY Times' Helene Cooper. There, he took more questions than earlier.

After a few minutes of chit chat in which he asked the kids what they were studying--(when one child said "decimals" mr obama replied "decimals! Wow, Joe doesn't even know his decimals!") Then he told the kids he was opening the floor to questions, and proceeded to take more than double the number of questions than he took at his press conference. Plus the kids got to raise their hands and ask.

He may even have made news. One child ask him about iraq and he said he plans to have troops home in.a year and a half.

Cooper may have been alluding to the fact that reporters don't raise their hands to ask questions in Obama's press conferences because they are often selected beforehand. And here's a few more questions. (Pool reports written quickly for the press corps may include a few typos, which I left in below).

What are you gonna do as president?
A--make sure all kids get a good education In 2009 are you going to the white house?
A-- after replying yes, mr obama volunteered that he's getting a dog for malia and sasha, and added: "I want to make sure my daughters take care of this dog, and if they do their business, and you've got some poop, you don't just leave it there."
Will you go to other countries?
A--mr obama said yes, adding that he even expects to meet some kings and queens.

He also told the kids he's thinking about longer school days, which did not seem to go over well.

He took some photos with the kids, and we left the school at around 1126. Mr obama is back in his transition office, and we have a lit until 6 pm
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hellataz
Val
♪♫ I am a fever,I ain't born typical♪♫
Val

Female Number of posts : 1497
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Obama takes more questions from kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama takes more questions from kids   Obama takes more questions from kids Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:16 am

Obama takes more questions from kids Paris01
Obama takes more questions from kids 671722
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1