All About Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally a New Forum Expereince. Uncensored topics, no board drama, no bad attitudes and free from any associations. We're just a group of friends who want to be free to speak our mind & talk about whatever we want without having to deal with all the BS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skins on BBC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellataz
Admin
Hellataz

Female Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Skins on BBC Empty
PostSubject: Skins on BBC   Skins on BBC Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 8:40 pm

I started watching this show recently, I had to go back and download the last 2 seasons, and will start watching the 2nd next week. I kept seeing commercial's for it while watching the ggraph norton show and thought it looked really interesting, though i could never tell what kind of show it was. So I checked out the first season and it was basically a teen show all about sex and drugs.

The show i download was uncensored (I doubt the ones i recoded off of BBCamerica on my tivo have people saying fuck and showing their tits). I guess they have very lax censorship in England (possible Canada too).

So the show is about this group of friends in high school (I think, they call it college) They are around 16 years old. There's the popular Hottie Tony, who kinda a dick to everyone and cheats on his GF, his Best Friend, Sid, who is a geek and virgin who is in love with Tony's girlfriend. The Girlfriend (Michelle) who loves tony and puts up with his crap. The Muslim friend Anwar who struggles with his faith and being a teenager way into sex, The Openly Gay friend Maxxie, The Slacker Chris who is in love with his school counselor, The Crazy girl Cassie, who goes in and out of institutions for her eating disorder and who also loves Sid. and Jal, the kinda boring friend who is alway interjecting reason into all their adventures, She plays an instrument in the band and has a weird home life.

Skins on BBC SKINS%202%20launch%20cast%20photo

From Left to Right:
Sid, Chris, Cassie, Jal, Anwar, Maxxie, Tony and Michelle

So after one season I was hooked and the last episode ended in a very big cliffhanger so I went online to see what happens only to find out that the producers of this show had gotten rid of the entire cast in season 3. Their plan is to give each cast 2 years and keep rotating them out like they were in the boy band menudo or something! I was pissed as were many fans of the show that voiced their annoyance about it on many message boards.

So Anyways, when I get around to watching the 2nd season I'm going to have to savor it, cause Season 3 they'll all be gone... Sad

The new cast has "effy", Tony's sister and her friends. Effy's been on season one so far and also appears on season 2 as i read, I guess to smooth all the fans into the transition.

But in any case, I still think it's worth a watch, especially the unrated version straight from the UK.

Anyone else seen this show?

BTW, if Anwar looks familiar it's because he's the star of Slumdog millionaire.

Last edited by Hellataz on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hellataz
Hellataz
Admin
Hellataz

Skins on BBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skins on BBC   Skins on BBC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:21 am

Season 3, with the new cast is better then i thought! I'm over missing the first cast and love the new cast!

Great show, here's the new cast:

Skins on BBC Main

This season is even racier then the last 2.

We've got Effy (the girl in the middle) and her love triangle with Feddie (the hottie on the left) and Cook, (the fuck up on the right). Effy's Best friend is the socially retarded Pandora (the blonde dancing on the right) who has a boyfriend from Africa (thomas not pictured). Then there are the red headed twins, one very slutty (Katie) and the other is the more conservative but also a lesbian (Emily). Her slutty sister can't accept that her twin is gay. Emily is in love with Naomi (the blonde on the left with the bag), Naomi has ben unsuccessfully fighting her feelings for Emily. Lastly their JJ, kinda the "Sid" of this season, the nice guy who is torn between his two best friends Freddie and Cook fighting who are fighting over Effy.
Back to top Go down
Hellataz
Admin
Hellataz

Skins on BBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skins on BBC   Skins on BBC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:25 am

Skins on BBC Smilie-wave VAL
Back to top Go down
Val
♪♫ I am a fever,I ain't born typical♪♫
Val

Female Number of posts : 1497

Skins on BBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skins on BBC   Skins on BBC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:43 am

HAHAHAHA!
OK OK , IM SURE I LOOKED I JUST DONT REMEMBER LOOKING.
Im into it now though, so thats what counts right? Skins on BBC 428875
Back to top Go down
Hellataz
Admin
Hellataz

Skins on BBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skins on BBC   Skins on BBC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:55 am

Val wrote:
HAHAHAHA!

Yes it is, funny how i have to drag you kicking and screaming to stuff and each time you love it.
Back to top Go down
Val
Val

Skins on BBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skins on BBC   Skins on BBC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:23 pm

Hellataz wrote:
Val wrote:
HAHAHAHA!

Yes it is, funny how i have to drag you kicking and screaming to stuff and each time you love it.

I like this one and True Blood. I really tried to like sex in the city but I just didnt.. sorry Skins on BBC 428875
Back to top Go down
Hellataz
Admin
Hellataz

Skins on BBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skins on BBC   Skins on BBC Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:57 am

Val, I saw on Twitter you were almost done with season one, what did you think?
Back to top Go down
Val
Val

Skins on BBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skins on BBC   Skins on BBC Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:04 pm

Hellataz wrote:
Val, I saw on Twitter you were almost done with season one, what did you think?
I FINISH SEASON ONE AND i LOVES IT!
When Tony got hit by that bus and they all started lip singing that song , I was like oh no! And then the they bust out in song.. I was like WTF? LOL
That might have been the coolest thing ever!
Going to start season 2 here in a few! Smile
And I got a crush on the gay boy Maxxie ... he's a total cutie Skins on BBC 206448
Back to top Go down
Hellataz
Admin
Hellataz

Skins on BBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skins on BBC   Skins on BBC Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:13 pm

I always loved Tony, yeah Maxxie was a hottie too, but Tony had this confidence that was hot. But sadly he's not the same in season two, you'll see why...

But come season 3, they all move on and it's a new cast circled around effy, Tony's sister and one of the guys who loves effy, Freddie, Is way hotter! I know he doesn't look it in the picture above but he is on screen.

Skins on BBC Luke-pasqualino-freddie-skins
Back to top Go down
Val
Val

Skins on BBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skins on BBC   Skins on BBC Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:21 pm

I like Tony to.. He was a dickhead in season one but I still like him. I feel like I wanna cry watching him in season 2 and I have only watched the first ep. Sad

I seen a youtube of Effy and Freddie and he is a cutie Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skins on BBC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skins on BBC   Skins on BBC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skins on BBC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All About Us :: Interests :: TV Shows & Movies-
Jump to: