All About Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally a New Forum Expereince. Uncensored topics, no board drama, no bad attitudes and free from any associations. We're just a group of friends who want to be free to speak our mind & talk about whatever we want without having to deal with all the BS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellataz
Admin
Hellataz

Female Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Empty
PostSubject: Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration   Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:34 am

A star-studded cast of musicians and actors have kicked off a powerful pre-inaugural concert for President-elect Barack Obama at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington.

Famous American rocker and Obama loyal, Bruce Springsteen, began proceedings with a high energy set, backed by a full gospel choir to a crowd numbering in the tens of thousands, news agency Associated Press reported.

Obama and his wife Michelle, who were accompanied by their daughters Malia and Sasha, sat behind a thick bullet-proof shield next to the stage for the duration of the show.
The concert featured performances from rock giants U2, R&B starlet Beyonce and the Grammy-winning James Taylor.

Thee Oscar-winning actors also addressed the crowd.
Denzel Washington was the first to speak, telling attendees "we are all in this together".
Another speaker was Tom Hanks who read a poignant tribute to one of America's greatest Presidents, and one of Obama’s heroes, Abraham Lincoln.

Later actor Jamie Foxx got the crowds to their feet, as he urged them to make some noise: "Chi-town, stand up!"

Foxx then staged an impromptu impersonation of Obama, the man elected the next president of the United States.

As the concert came to a close, singer Garth Brooks sang American Pie, and America’s new first family could be seen mouthing the words behind their protective layer of bullet proof glass.

Here are some videos from the event.

Beyonce Performing "America the beautiful"

Last edited by Hellataz on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hellataz
Hellataz
Admin
Hellataz

PostSubject: Re: Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration   Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:37 am

Pictures

Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Barack_obama_michelle_obama_inaugural_concert_lincoln_memorial_2009_3

Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Obama_family_obama_inaugural_concert_lincoln_memorial_2009_1

Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Beyonce_obama_inaugural_concert_lincoln_memorial_2009_1

Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Beyonce_obama_inaugural_concert_lincoln_memorial_2009_2

Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Mary_j_blige_obama_inaugural_concert_lincoln_memorial_2009_1

Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Bruce_springsteen_obama_inaugural_concert_lincoln_memorial_2009_1

Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Pete_seeger_bruce_springsteen_obama_inaugural_concert_lincoln_memorial_2009_1

Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Stevie_wonder_usher-shakira_obama_inaugural_concert_lincoln_memorial_2009_1

Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Bono_u2_obama_inaugural_concert_lincoln_memorial_2009_2

Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Garth_brooks_obama_inaugural_concert_lincoln_memorial_2009_1

Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Sheryl_crow_obama_inaugural_concert_lincoln_memorial_2009_1

Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Will_i_am_sheryl_crow_obama_inaugural_concert_lincoln_memorial_2009_1

Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Denzel_washington_obama_inaugural_concert_lincoln_memorial_2009_1

Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Jamie_foxx_obama_inaugural_concert_lincoln_memorial_2009_1

Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration John_legend_james_taylor_jennifer_nettles_obama_inaugural_concert_lincoln_memorial_2009_1
Back to top Go down
Hellataz
Admin
Hellataz

PostSubject: Re: Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration   Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:57 pm

HBO who broadcasted for free this event, has added it to their site to view here in it's entirety:

http://www.hbo.com/weareone/webcast/index.html
Back to top Go down
Patti
~~ I wanna rock with you all night ~~
Patti

Female Number of posts : 482

PostSubject: Re: Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration   Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:53 pm

I WATCHED ALOT OF IT AND I REALLY LOVE HOW THE OBAMA FAMILY KNOW HOW TO BE EVERYDAY PEOPLE...NOT A BUNCH OF STUFFED SHIRTS....(jmo)

PATTI
Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration 543677
Back to top Go down
Val
♪♫ I am a fever,I ain't born typical♪♫
Val

Female Number of posts : 1497

PostSubject: Re: Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration   Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 6:20 pm

Seeing the Lincoln Memorial reminded me of when I went to Washington in the 8th grade. It is truing amazing seeing it in person. I think that and being inside the White House were 2 of my favorite parts about that trip.
Back to top Go down
Hellataz
Admin
Hellataz

PostSubject: Re: Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration   Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:48 am

Patti wrote:
I WATCHED ALOT OF IT AND I REALLY LOVE HOW THE OBAMA FAMILY KNOW HOW TO BE EVERYDAY PEOPLE...NOT A BUNCH OF STUFFED SHIRTS....(jmo)

PATTI
Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration 543677

I agree, they do seem to be very down to earth people who really connect with most middle class americans conveying that they are able to understand our concerns and be willing to help. I like how above all Michelle said her job is to maintain a normal life for her daughters over any duties she might have as first lady.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration   Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Videos From the We Are One Obama inaugural concert celebration
Page 1 of 1