All About Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally a New Forum Expereince. Uncensored topics, no board drama, no bad attitudes and free from any associations. We're just a group of friends who want to be free to speak our mind & talk about whatever we want without having to deal with all the BS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Singer Disses Obama and Beyonce

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hellataz
Admin
Hellataz

Female Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Singer Disses Obama and Beyonce Empty
PostSubject: Singer Disses Obama and Beyonce   Singer Disses Obama and Beyonce Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:51 pm

Quote :
(CNN) — The entertainment world may be in a swoon over Barack Obama, but one legendary soul singer is fuming at the new president and the pop star who serenaded the first couple on inauguration night.

Etta James, famous for her rendition of the song “At Last,” is apparently miffed that pop star Beyonce was tapped to perform the ballad as the president and first lady slow-danced during the Neighborhood Inaugural Ball on January 20.

“You guys know your president, right?” the singer asked an audience in Canada last week, according to audio posted on TMZ.com. “You know the one with big ears? Yeah, wait a minute. He ain’t my president.”

She then went after Beyonce: “That woman singing for him, singing my song? She’s gonna get her ass whipped.”

James added that she “can’t stand Beyonce” and that the starlet “has no business up there singing, singing up there on a big old President day, singing my song that I been singing forever.”

But is James flip-flopping on Beyonce? She did not raise an objection when the singer portrayed her in the film “Cadillac Records” — and just recently, James’s son told a New York paper that his mother was moved by the inauguration night performance.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/02/05/singer-disses-obama-beyonce/#more-38774
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hellataz

Singer Disses Obama and Beyonce
Page 1 of 1