All About Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally a New Forum Expereince. Uncensored topics, no board drama, no bad attitudes and free from any associations. We're just a group of friends who want to be free to speak our mind & talk about whatever we want without having to deal with all the BS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV News Running Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellataz
Admin
Hellataz

Female Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-11-30

TV News Running Thread Empty
PostSubject: TV News Running Thread   TV News Running Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 5:24 pm

Thought this could be a thread where we could post various bits of breaking news about our favorite shows, ie schedule changes, cast changes, new shows...so on.

I'll start

Dollhouse (Joss Whedon new SCi-Fi drama) is set to premier in Janurary, I can't wait!

Unfortunately 24 and AI are coming back which screws up the fox line up. Terminator is being moved to the death slot of Fridays which will be airing before Dollhouse on the same night and channel (way to give dollhouse a chance), and Bones is being moved to Thursday nights. House will move to Monday nights. Fringe will stay on Tuesday nights.

And Dirty Sexy money, My Own Worst Enemy, Eli Stone and Pushing Daises being canceled for next season

NBC's new shows include So You Think You Can Dance boss Nigel Lythgoe's "Superstars of the Dance" — fancied as an internationally flavored "Olympic dance-off" and hosted by Michael Flatley — which premieres Sunday, Jan. 9, before moving to Mondays. There, it will air for several weeks from 8 to 10 pm/ET, bumping both Chuck and Heroes (but only until February arrives).

Superstars leads into Momma's Boys, a new unscripted series from Ryan Seacrest.

Friday Night Lights (for those without direct TV) will be start it's 3rd season on Friday Jan. 16.

The CW has cancelled Valentine and will replace it with Jerico reruns
Reaper will be back in early 2009

ABC has announced Tuesday, Jan. 6 as the premiere date for Scrubs (which previously aired on NBC)

In other ABC scheduling news, Life on Mars is getting moved to Wednesdays at 10 — where it will lead out of Lost (starting Jan. 28, Mars' next fresh outing). In doing so, the Thursdays-at-10 slot will be freed up for Private Practice, which will air immediately after its mother show, Grey's Anatomy starting Jan. 8.

Project Runway will be moving to Lifetime from it's previous network Bravo,if it can get past some legal issues, till then looks like the 6th season may be delayed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hellataz
giggles

giggles

Female Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: TV News Running Thread   TV News Running Thread Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:56 pm

'ER' Finale Date Set; NBC Prepping 'Kings,' More For Mid-Season
By Access Hollywood
26 minutes ago

John Stamos On ER NBCAccess Hollywood LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- After saving thousands of TV lives, there'll be no resuscitation for "ER."

The 15-season medical drama will breathe its last breath on March 12, 2009, Access Hollywood has learned.

NBC will replace it with "Kings," a much-anticipated series chronicling the life of King David in modern times, starting March 19.

As for the rest of the schedule, "Heroes" will launch its next installment, "Fugitives," on February 2, which also marks the return of supernatural drama "Medium." And "The Office" will get a Super-sized return on February 1, when it airs a one-hour episode following the Super Bowl. "Life" and "Chuck" will also be back.

A pair of previously announced mid-season series -- an untitled Amy Poehler show from the makers of "The Office" and "The Philanthropist" -- have yet to be announced.

However, "Knight Rider" won't drive out its full season, ending early at 17 episodes and wrapping up with a February 25 season finale.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/er-finale-date-set-nbc-prepping-kings-more-for-mid-season/16163
Back to top Go down
giggles

giggles

PostSubject: Re: TV News Running Thread   TV News Running Thread Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 4:25 pm

Gossip Girl Spinoff Now in the WorksBy Us Magazine
12 minutes ago

Us Magazine Attention Upper East Siders! If you're a Gossip Girl fan, you might have another show to put on your DVR list next season. The CW might use an upcoming episode of the hit show later this year to test out a spinoff.

According to Variety, one of this season's shows will double as a backdoor pilot, a move that would allow the network to gauge viewer interest before putting down huge production costs on a full-on pilot. Gossip Girl, now in its second season, was created by The O.C.'s Josh Schwartz.!

Rumors about the companion show have been circulating, especially because Alloy Entertainment's Gossip Girl book series -- from which the TV show is based -- already has a spinoff novel called The It Girl.

So which Gossip Girl -- or boy -- will move on to the new show?

Sources claim that the possible series won't be based on the book's spinoff, which put the spotlight on Taylor Momsen's character, Jenny Humphrey.

The new show, which is still yet to be named, will likely center around one of the show's nine main characters, played by the likes of Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Ed Westwick, Penn Badgley and Chace Crawford. But there's always a chance a new character will be added to the mix for the purpose of the new series, which is still in very early stages of development.

More news from Usmagazine.com

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/gossip-girl-spinoff-now-in-the-works/16181

MMMMMMMM....CHACE TV News Running Thread 708495 TV News Running Thread 382478
Back to top Go down
Val
♪♫ I am a fever,I ain't born typical♪♫
Val

Female Number of posts : 1497

PostSubject: Re: TV News Running Thread   TV News Running Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:53 pm

TV News Running Thread 65322
Back to top Go down
Val
♪♫ I am a fever,I ain't born typical♪♫
Val

Female Number of posts : 1497

PostSubject: Re: TV News Running Thread   TV News Running Thread Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:23 am

TV News Running Thread Paris01
TV News Running Thread 671722
Back to top Go down
giggles

giggles

PostSubject: Re: TV News Running Thread   TV News Running Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:42 pm

This is the last season of Prison Break No .. If they can end it right and on a good note then I suppose i'll be alright. I hoped for another season but oh well. Hmmm Wentworth needs to get cast on another show so I can still look at him every week.

Quote :
Prison Break Is Ending
Today 10:03 AM PST by Kristin Dos Santos

C. Hodes / Fox
It's official. Prison Break is coming to an end.

"Prison Break had a hell of a run, but the run has ended," Fox president Kevin Reilly just told reporters at the TV Critics Press Tour. "This will be the last year of the show."

The news was somewhat expected, given the four-year-old series' downturn in the ratings this season. However, according to Reilly, the decision was made from a creative standpoint. "The show has just played out. You get to a point creatively where you feel all the stories have been told, and you want to end strong and not gimp out in the end of the season."

So exactly how many more episodes will we get? And what about a movie?

"We've got our remaining batch of four episodes, and there are a couple more they're contemplating."

Those "couple more" hours could possibly be presented as a TV movie, as Fox did with 24 earlier in the season with 24: Redemption.

"It just got down to the point where a lot of the stories have been told, but they'll go out strong," Reilly told reporters.

I asked Reilly if producers have a specific game plan for the end, and he replied: "They have a really cool ending, actually. I know where they end, and it's a hell of an idea."

Meanwhile, good news for Fringe fans: Reilly said he has no plans to pull the plug. "It's a keeper," Reilly told reporters. "I don't think there was a tougher time period than Tuesdays at 9 p.m. Even though Fringe had a lead-in, they had to perform every week—and they did. If you follow the show week to week, you won’t be disappointed."

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b78824_prison_break_ending.html
Back to top Go down
giggles

giggles

PostSubject: Re: TV News Running Thread   TV News Running Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:33 pm

ABC Puts Ugly Betty on Hold
By Kristin Dos Santos
Mon Jan 26, 12:42 PM PST

America Ferrera was all smiles on yesterday's SAGs red carpet—perhaps because she didn't know the Ugly plans ABC had in store for her show. (Or, you know, perhaps because she was nominated and looked hot as fire.)

In a surprising move, ABC just announced that its former comedic golden child, Ugly Betty, will be shelved on March 26 in order to bring back Christina Applegate's Samantha Who? and launch a new comedy called In the Motherhood, starring Megan Mullally and Cheryl Hines, in the Thursday 8 p.m. slot.

ABC President Steve McPherson's nostalgic favorite (and old stomping ground) Scrubs and another new comedy, Better Off Ted (Portia de Rossi, Jay Harrington), will take the hour-long block starting Wednesdays at 8 p.m. (The former home of the dearly departing Pushing Daisies.)

So why is one of ABC's highest-profile shows getting a time-out? And what does America have to say?

According to ABC insiders, the Alphabet net is looking at more of a cable model when it comes to its programming and scheduling. "McPherson is interested in reducing the number of reruns," one well-placed insider tells me, adding that Betty—after its dip in the ratings this season—seemed the best place to slot in Samantha and Motherhood.

Betty had an audience of about 8 million at the start of the current third season, but then consistently lost about a million viewers each week, sinking as low as 3.6 million. This month, it jumped back up to 7.5 million, but that's still shy of last year's audience of 9 million viewers.

Meanwhile, yesterday on the SAG carpet, Ferrera told us everything is going well on her three-year-old series and teased this about what lies ahead: "Someone turns very evil—an unexpected person. Like, just your general backstabbing and lies. Just another day on Ugly Betty!"

Sources also tell me there'll be a love connection between a main character on Betty and someone we know and love from a Showtime series we know and love. Stay tuned to the Spoiler Chat later today for the scoop.

Will you miss Betty on Thursdays at 8?

http://tv.yahoo.com/show/35332/news/urn:newsml:eonlinekristen.com:20090126:TV-12103d751aaaa6ee715ed30c3f641c9b__ER:1
Back to top Go down
Hellataz
Admin
Hellataz

Female Number of posts : 472

PostSubject: Re: TV News Running Thread   TV News Running Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:30 pm

More interesting TV news and gossip...

First up, shows not doing well in the ratings and seemingly in Danger...

Chuck Sad
Dollhouse Sad
Knight Rider Sad

The Unit
11th Hour
Worst Week
Terminator
Law & Order
Medium
Kath & Kim
Life
My Name is Earl
FRiday night Lights
Privileged
The Game
Reaper
Everybody Hates Chris
Samantha Who

Now for more positive news

CW launching new shows:

Minka Kelly, Jason Dohring cast in the CW pilot 'Body Politic'
TV News Running Thread Dohringkelly_l

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/03/minka-kelly-jas.html

'Twilight' for television: The CW orders pilot for 'Vampire Diaries'
TV News Running Thread Vampirediaries_l

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/02/twilight-f.html

The Doctor Is In: Alex O'Loughlin Eyes Medical Series
TV News Running Thread 090317alexoloughlin1
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Alex-OLoughlin-Pilot-1004133.aspx

And moving into the canceled Kyle XY Spont on mondays will be the new ABC Family show "Roommates"

TV News Running Thread Cast_bar

And for those of us that remember Jermey Piven in ABC 90's show Cupid, it's has returned with a new cast:

This:

TV News Running Thread Cupid

is now this:

TV News Running Thread Cupid-2009

And Lastly Rob Thomas comes back to TV toting a new show with familiar faces (namely those from veronica mars)
Not shown will be veronica herself on the season finale and Logan on episode 2 alongside his veronica mars girlfriend

TV News Running Thread Party_Down_2009_FullLineUp_960X385